With the COVID 19 pandemic top of mind for the entire planet, UV light’s powerful sanitation properties are almost always associated with germs that cause illnesses of the COVID variety. 

While UV light’s success in this area is without a doubt exciting, there is another fascinating area that UV light provides powerful sanitation and that’s the area of battling molds and mycotoxins. 

It’s estimated that over 50% of the buildings and homes the United States are water damaged. Most people don’t realize that mold can take root and form a colony within 24-48 hours of water damage happening. Continued growth of some of the most toxic molds only requires slight humidity or consistent dampness such as a slow drip that never quite dries out. 

It’s interesting to note that while there is a short list of mold species that are known to be toxic to nearly everyone, for about 20% of the population, exposure to a much larger list of molds can cause a pattern of chronic immune dysregulation called Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS). 

Symptoms of this condition are many and are often confused with other conditions or simply overlooked. Here is a list of symptoms that are worth noting:

  • Fatigue (progressive and deep)
  • Brain Inflammation (brain fog, spaciness, disorientation)
  • Anxiety, depression
  • Memory problems, slurred speech, vision changes
  • Coordination problems, issues with balance
  • Headaches, lightheadedness, dizziness
  • Respiratory issues (chronic sinusitis, chronic cough, SOB, wheezing, sore throat)
  • IBS- or SIBO-like symptoms (cramping, diarrhea, bloating)
  • Fake UTI (urinary frequency, urgency, burning, but no infection)
  • Unexplained weight gain or loss
  • Joint pain, muscle pain, muscle weakness
  • Muscle cramps, muscles feel wiped out with little effort
  • Exercise intolerance
  • Rash, skin flushing
  • Wheezing, weak voice
  • Cold and/or heat intolerance
  • Excessive thirst
  • Rapid pulse, heart palpitations, chest tightness or discomfort
  • Swollen ankles
  • Increased bleeding times (easy/severe bruising, bleeding gums, nose bleeds)
  • Immuno-suppression (more vulnerable to infections)
  • Increased static electricity shocks (watches and electronics may be short lived or Increased sensitivity to EMF, food sensitivities, other chemical exposures
  • Autoimmune issues as Hashimoto’s and autoimmune induced thyroiditis

CEO and Co-Founder of UV ONE Hygienics, Dora Suppes, has first hand knowledge of the ravages of exposure to environmental toxins such as mold. Suppes and her son moved into a rental home a few years back and both immediately began having health issues. They eventually moved out of the home but Suppes uses her experience to help lead the company in the right direction. 

UV light is a proven technology in the destruction of mold, fungus, bacteria, and viruses since the beginning of time. Ultraviolet light kills mold wherever the light touches, not just on the surfaces of a room but also in the air and on surfaces. It’s effective at treating the mold you know about, and can help kill mold, including airborne spores that you can’t see.

UV ONE Hygienics is excited to have a powerful collection of products that can aid in mold and environmental toxin remediation and to help prevent the development of these deadly toxins.